With cooler weather blowing through lately, this fun votive decoration is the perfect little accent piece to warm up your home. With inspiration from my friend and fellow SU demo, Ana, I made the pumpkin using the small and large oval punches from Stampin' Up. I then inked the edges using some Chocolate Chip ink. The little stem is actually a piece of leather cording. The votive holder is wrapped in a strip of Very Vanilla paper and stamped with the lovely Watercolor Vine wheel. Wrap some raffia around the votive holder and plop a pumpkin scented votive inside and viola! Instant home decor that's not only attractive, but it's fun and easy to make.

Speaking of quick and easy projects, be sure to check out one of my favorite scrapper's, Anne Marie. She's doing a "Christmas Gifts Roundup" where she's featuring holiday projects and directions on her blog. She rocks! As for me, I'll be back tomorrow with yet another holiday idea for you. Have a scrappy day!

2 comments:
very cool! love the pumpkin and can't wait to see what you do for Thanksgiving and Christmas. As for me, I seem to have leapt ahead to Christmas without any regard for fall as all I am making these days are Christmas cards and gifts.
Oh, Sam. This is so darn cute. I love how you used the oval punches to make it too. TFS!
Misty
Post a Comment