Monday, October 27, 2008

A Fabulous Weekend + a Birthday

I had the most wonderful weekend! There's nothing like spending time with friends, and on Saturday, Sedona and I spent all day with my two good friends and their kids up in Big Bear. We couldn't have picked a better day to have a picnic. The weather was just gorgeous - blue skies, mild temperatures, slight breeze. I loved watching the kids explore nature, and I was so proud of Sedona for being the best girl ever and protecting all of us (especially the kids) while we were out and about.


Of course, the weekend wouldn't be complete if I hadn't done just a little bit of crafting. I'm actually really excited to share these next two items with you. I wanted to make some home decor items for my workshop as well as to display in my new craft room (more on that later...), so I browsed the Stampin' Up catalog for some ideas. This first frame will be a make-and-take at my SU workshop in two weeks, and the second frame is one I did just for me.

Supplies: Shadow box; Kiwi Kiss & Whisper White cardstock; Kiwi Kiss ink pad; Inspired by Nature stamp set


Supplies: Shadow box; Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, and Whisper White cardstock; Kiwi Kiss ink pad; Old Olive & So Saffron markers; Whisper White Craft ink pad; Inspired by Nature stamp set

Now, I'm going to let you in on a little secret: those shadow boxes were only (drum roll, please) 99 cents! I found them at the 99 Cent Store here in town, and I was so pysched when I did. I kind-of wiped them out, but I'm sure if my store has them, yours might, too! You better believe you're going to be seeing more shadow box projects because for 99 cents, you can't go wrong.

I have a full week planned, but I still have projects to share with you. I'll be back tomorrow!

ETA: How could I have not mentioned that today is Sedona's 5th birthday! My girl is growing up so fast. I can sympathize with parents who say time is flying by all too quickly. I {heart} my biggest little girl!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks awesome, Sam! Can't wait to make one of those shadow boxes myself. :) And to visit BB too. You and Sedona look so happy and refreshed. Glad you had a great day with friends and beautiful weather.

Anne Marie said...

Oh wow, you scored big time on those deals! And I love the idea! I wish I could just hop on over to join your workshop!

Anonymous said...

And Happy Birthday, Sedona! Woof woof, Aroo! (that was Lexi speaking) :)

PattiM said...

Love the shadow boxes you made. And such a great deal. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SEDONA!!!!

Hugs,

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!!!!