Artist Trading Cards (ATCs), that is! I joined my first ever ATC swap on the All Moments Remembered message board, and I finally finished them up today. I spent the better part of Wednesday night trying to come up with a design and then actually implementing it. The theme of the swap was to make ATCs that represent something about YOU. I knew immediately that I wanted to use these stamps by Hero Arts:
Hum...do you think the owls represent me well?? LOL! After much deliberation (seriously, it took me a while to come up with such a simple design!), here's what I came up with:
I had quite the assembly line going on, and I'm very pleased with how they came out. However, do remind me that the next time I do a swap, ribbon is out! It took me a good 45 minutes to tie just 21 bows! I can't wait to get everyone's ATCs. They should be here in a few weeks!On a different note, thank you all for the birthday well-wishes! I had an absolutely lovely day at home - very low-key and relaxing. My scrappy friend, Tiffany, brought over this adorable little cake. It was as good as it looks (notice I said it *was* good because that baby is gone!).
I also received some more awesome hand-made cards. This first one traveled across the country to reach me. It also came with a few Stampin' Up! stamps ;) I just love the little bird on the front and the responsible use of Stickles that add just a bit of bling-a-ling sparkle. Thanks, She-who-shall-remain-clouded-in-mystery!
Last, and never least, is this simply elegant card from my CKMB buddy, Janet. Let me tell you, it's all about the scalloped borders! I also think the ribbon adds just the perfect finishing touch to this birthday card. Thank you, Janet!!

Thanks for stopping by today!! Have a great weekend :)

16 comments:
That cake looks fantastic!! Love your swap card! Fabulous layout and colors!!
your swap card looks great, Sam! Is that BG paper? So pretty - can't wait to get it in a few weeks. :)
By the way, Lexi has that same toy in the background as Sedona. And it's one of her favorites - she loves the honk sound. Forget the squeaker, it's the honk she goes after. And Mr. Loofah is about as long as she is so it's a funny sight to see.
That b-day cake looked yummy...
Orange is my favorite color. I have never seen ATCs before. I had seen a ATC holder in one of my catalogs. Yours are REALLY cute!
Oh, I'm so glad you had a wonderful day! Your swap cards are so pretty! I'll have to explore more on AMR cause I missed this!
Sedona is such a cutie! Out two (being only 40ish pounds each have staked claim on the couch...As I tell my clients at work - there's no better pet than a spoiled rotten, well loved one! :)
Great job on your swap cards, Samantha! Stampertammy led me to your blog and I'm so glad she did. Love your cards and your jewelry! Especially enjoyed your "dane". I used to have 2 danes. The male-Brutus, was a decendent of the dane that played in the Walt Disney movie "The Dane and the Doxin" They certainly can be "BIG" babies and spoiled easily. I'll be back for more viewing . . . keep up the good work! Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk)
Sorry, I've been so out of the loop lately. Happy Birthday to YOU! I love your ATC's. Take care.
Misty
Gosh, I wish I'd joined the ATC swap on AMR. Your card is beautiful. I just bought some Hero Arts stamps yesterday! The set I got has a stamp that says "COUPON" with blank lines below...
I can't wait to get all those ATC cards!! I love the owls!! We'll have to do another swap soon!!
oh there is just so much wonderfulness in this post where do i start???
super cute atc cards, lovely b-day cards... love that bird one... beautiful. and sweet celebration topped with icing, how can you go wrong? :D
Happy Birthday!!!! (one day late :::oops:::)
Welcome to your thirties! You'll love 'em, I promise!
Erica
:D
Love spoiled rotton Danes!
Happy Belated Birthday! You did any awesome job on your projects, love that cute ATC!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I loved reading through your blog. I'll be back again!
Hi Sam,
Those ATC`s are soo"Tweet" love the owls....
"Happy Belated " B`day to you,glad you had a great Day...you got some beautiful cards ...and that cake hmm looks scrummy...
Have a great weekend:)x
Great ATC---wonderful job and happy belated birthday!!!
I'm so in love with that ATC! Wish I had been around to join :)
Post a Comment