My subject line is an excerpt from one of my favorite remake songs by Martina McBride, "Rose Garden," off of her Timeless CD. It's an appropriate sentiment for today which was Day 2 of our Northwest Paper Chase. We covered a little less ground today in terms of driving distance, but we still managed to visit six scrappy stores. All of them were quite diverse and different enough from each other that I was able to grab a little something from each one. I don't have any pictures to post of my loot today, but suffice it to say that I came home with a lot more scrappy goodness, and that was my sunshine.
My rain today came in the evening time when my mom phoned me while we were on our way to Shipwreck beads. Yesterday, my mom took my little dog, Noel, to the vet office because her body temperature was so low. She had been quite sick on and off for the past few weeks, but her condition baffled the vets. She spent the night in the hospital where they did a barium enema to see if they could find the source of her illness. Finally, they spotted the problem - a tumor on her rectum that was so hidden that all other previous tests were unable to locate it. The surgery to remove the tumor was risky and included breaking her pelvis to get to it. After learning the news, my parents came to the difficult decision to let her go. My mom waited until the end of the day to tell me, and I broke down in tears in the car. I was able to say goodbye to my little Noel over the phone, telling her that I loved her very much. That she was such a good girl. That I would see her one day. To please rest in peace knowing we did everything we could for her. My mom said she twitched her ear to acknowledge that she heard me over the phone, and then she was gone. I have been crying for the better part of the last six hours. Noel was such a special little dog to us. Travis and I found her abandoned in a parking lot in Reno in November 2002, and I named her Noel since it was the Christmas season. We rushed her to my wonderful vet who told us she was emaciated and dehydrated. She spent three days in the vet ICU in an icubator, and by day 3, she was standing on her own. She was a fighter. She was a special little girl. A year later, we decided that Noel would fit right in at my parent's house with my two childhood chihuahuas. My parents were thrilled to have her, and I was happy that she could provide them companionship, especially after my two chihuahuas passed away. She lived a happy life, and I hope that she knew how much she was loved.
I'll see you over the rainbow bridge, my little angel.
My rain today came in the evening time when my mom phoned me while we were on our way to Shipwreck beads. Yesterday, my mom took my little dog, Noel, to the vet office because her body temperature was so low. She had been quite sick on and off for the past few weeks, but her condition baffled the vets. She spent the night in the hospital where they did a barium enema to see if they could find the source of her illness. Finally, they spotted the problem - a tumor on her rectum that was so hidden that all other previous tests were unable to locate it. The surgery to remove the tumor was risky and included breaking her pelvis to get to it. After learning the news, my parents came to the difficult decision to let her go. My mom waited until the end of the day to tell me, and I broke down in tears in the car. I was able to say goodbye to my little Noel over the phone, telling her that I loved her very much. That she was such a good girl. That I would see her one day. To please rest in peace knowing we did everything we could for her. My mom said she twitched her ear to acknowledge that she heard me over the phone, and then she was gone. I have been crying for the better part of the last six hours. Noel was such a special little dog to us. Travis and I found her abandoned in a parking lot in Reno in November 2002, and I named her Noel since it was the Christmas season. We rushed her to my wonderful vet who told us she was emaciated and dehydrated. She spent three days in the vet ICU in an icubator, and by day 3, she was standing on her own. She was a fighter. She was a special little girl. A year later, we decided that Noel would fit right in at my parent's house with my two childhood chihuahuas. My parents were thrilled to have her, and I was happy that she could provide them companionship, especially after my two chihuahuas passed away. She lived a happy life, and I hope that she knew how much she was loved.
I'll see you over the rainbow bridge, my little angel.

PS - I wanted to let you all know that I very much appreciate all the nice comments you leave on my blog, and I was hoping to catch up on my "blog-hopping" this evening, but as you can see, I've had a rough night. I hope to visit all of your blogs soon to see what all of you have been up to.

27 comments:
I'm so sorry about Noel, Sam. She sounds like a special little girl. Know that you added as much joy to her life as she did to yours.
~Erika/journeyfan
Samantha,
I'm so sorry for your sadness and loss.....Its always sad to loose a member of our family....Mine was about a year ago......She was 15 and my constant companion.. All we can do is love our pets, make them part of our family and know that they love us as much as we love them... She felt your love and would not want you to cry for very long.... I'm sure she's running through a field of flowers chasing butterfly's and barking at the birds.............Thats how I picture my dog and it always brings a smile to my face......
Patti
Oh Sam, I'm so sorry. {{Hug!}} Little furry (and scaled/feathered too in your case!) friends bring so much love and joy and it's so painful to let them go. I heard it once said that animals don't have to live as long because they already know how to love others, unlike us humans which sometimes we need a whole lifetime to figure this out.
Sam, I am crying with you, dear. That is just so hard! She is so precious and I know exactly what you are going through. Just keep her in your memories as the spunky, healthy little pup that she was. I will pray for you, as I truly know how hard this is. I am so sorry, Sam. I wish I could just hug you!
awww Sam, I'm sorry for you loss. Just remember all the love you two had for each other. {{Big Hugs}}
Oh Sam I am so sorry to hear that news. It is so very hard when we lose one of our fur babies, Hang in there and have peace in the knowledge that she was so very loved and was given a wonderful life with your family and was able to leave this world a very happy doggy. Hugs to you friend!!
Sam,
I'm so sorry about Noel. ((HUGS)) She was a very special dog to all that knew her or knew about her. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I'm so glad you had the chance to talk to her and that she knew it was you. She'll be waiting eagerly at Rainbow Bridge for you.
~BIG HUG~
(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))
Love and hugs friend. I wish I could go home and be with Abbie right now, just to hug her for you. It is such a sadness to lose something so special, but Patti is right...she's running, healthy and happy over Rainbow Bridge.
You are in my thoughts...it must be hard.
*Catch a big HUG from over the ocean!*
X
Noel is so cute! What a beautiful story of how you found her...this is all so close to me, as our bunny has a tumor and it's too risky to remove it, she will have to be put down. It is very sad.
I know it's hard, but atleast you have some great memories. What a cute pooch. Hope you feel better soon.
So sorry to hear about your little dog. Hugs to you, sweetie.
I'm so sorry about the loss of your little dog.
Hi Samantha! Your pain is deep now, I know. It's such a difficult time when we have to say goodbye to our sweet dogs. They become such an important part of our lives over the years. Such companions and friends. I feel your pain. A big hug, I'm sending your way!
So sorry to hear your new Samantha. Noel looks just like our little Nina that we lost when I was in high school. She was a sweetie too. Take care and hope you can still have fun!
Misty
Oh Sam, I'm so sorry to read about you sweet little pup. I know you must feel just awful right now but remember that little Noel is no longer in pain. I will be thinking of you and your family and be praying for you.
(((sam))) hugs from HI...
I am so sorry for the loss of Noel. I know it must have been a very difficult decision for your parents. I know she lived a great and joyous doggie life.
I'm sorry for your loss. Take joy in the fact that she's not suffering anymore.
I'm so sorry about your little dog. Sending hugs your way.
Stacy (ckmb slh1mom)
I'm so sorry Sam. It's heartbreaking to lose a beloved pet. {{{hugs}}} She was a cutie.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}
oh you have me in tears!! It's so hard losing a pet.. {{{hugs!}}} :(
I'm so sorry for your loss of Noel--she looks very special. . . {{{Hugs!}}}
OMGosh, Samantha! I'm so sorry! I know how hard that is, and you're in my thoughts! I'm sitting here waiting for a semi-important phone call, and now I'm crying! I'm so sorry for the loss of your Noel! (((hugs)))
I'm just now catching up on blog reading and had no idea of your loss - I am sooooo very sorry. I know you did all you could for her, and I am sure she knew just how much you loved her. I just wanted to tell you how very sorry I am.
Steph
Post a Comment