Sunday, February 24, 2008

My first Easter card of the season

Hi, everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. I had tons of fun running around on Friday going to different places and being creative. Yesterday, I spent most of the morning doing some early Spring cleaning. It was one of those crazy gorgeous days where the sun was shinning so brightly that I could see areas that needed cleaning that I couldn't see before in the gloom! I am very happy to report my house couldn't be any cleaner at the moment :)

At my Friday night crop, I made a few Easter cards. Easter is my favorite holiday of the year. I love the meaning behind the holiday, and it doesn't hurt that I was born on Easter morning either ;)

For this card, I used some brand-spanking new Imaginisce Easter paper that I scored at my local scrap store the other day. The ribbon is from the "Downtown Red" American Crafts set. The stamp is by Penny Black, and the sentiment is a $1 Mike's stamp. The pop up flower is a Brenda Walton sticker, and the cardstock base is DCWV. Oh, and I used my corner rounder to do the scalloped edge. I have to say that doing a scalloped edge manually is a bit of a pain, so I decided to order the new Fiskars scalloped border punch from one of my favorite on-line store, All Moments Remembered. Click here to be taken directly to the new Fiskars punch!

I'll be back with more Easter cards tomorrow! Have a scrappy day!

7 comments:

Kelli said...

such a cute card Sam!

I updated with a tutorial right after you visited my blog..lol. (Oh well, i guess you'll have to come back...bwahahaha)

Enjoy the rest of your scrappy night!

Misty said...

Wonderful card Samanthay.That paper is too cute! Goes perfect with the image.
Misty

Anonymous said...

Love the card. I'm HORRIBLE at cards!

Kim Watson said...

Cute card! Love the soft colours & of course that adorable sheep.

X

Harley Dee said...

I loooove that card, it's so cute. Great stamp. And, if you have some spare time, my house could use some spring cleaning ;)

Anonymous said...

Great cards Sam...I just got my stamps after seeing them on your blog they looked sooo scrummy...Thanks for the inspiration:)x

Martha said...

You mixed up so many different patterns...very nice!!!