Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Simple Hippo Card

Sometimes, simplicity is key. I made this card using my Rubber Soul stamps. I just love the little flying hippo!


Today was one of those crazy-busy days where I was running all over town. I taught a jewelry class today that ran about 40 minutes over and pushed my time-line back a bit. I was all set to brave Costco after my class when I realized that the carefully thought-out list along with all my coupons were sitting neatly on my desk...at home! Grrr! I was a bit peeved to say the least. I did, however, get a few other errands out of the way. I even found some of the $1 Autumn Leaves stamps at Joanns. Ahhh...blissful new stamps. I was instantly in a good mood.

Guess what?! It's snowing over here right now - again! We had a nice little powdering a couple of nights ago, and most of it melted away. A few hours ago, I walked by our front window, and low and behold, the largest snowflakes I have ever seen were falling from the sky! Even Travis has never seen flakes that big, and he's been through it all. We let Sedona out to go potty, and that goofy thing was peeing and attempting to catch snow at the same time!! After doing her business, she started jumping up and down trying to catch the snow. She is the silliest thing ever.

Here's a funny picture of Sedona in the snow back in February 2004. She was only four months old, and about 45 lbs.

I bet you'll never guess where I took that photo? Underneath all that snow is sand! We were in the high-desert of California. Much to many people's surprise, it does indeed snow in the desert. It's always funny to me to see a cactus covered in snow.

Have a fun Thursday, everyone!!

6 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

This cracked me up! I like the purples.

Misty said...

Purple flying hippos. What's next? REally cute.
SNow! Whoah!
Have a great day.
Misty

Marilyn said...

Sam, your cards are always too cute!! I love the hippo!

I wish we would get some snow! However, 7 miles north of here, in Vancouver WA, there was a tornado, can you believe that!!

Christina Carnoy said...

Very cute, and I like the pun of the hip hip hooray!

Laurie said...

I love the hippo card!!! So cute! Love the picture of your baby in the snow. Last year we had record breaking snowfall here in NM. Nala didn't know what to do. She could hardly walk around in the backyard.

Corina said...

love the card! Sedona is SOO adorable in all that snow!~