Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Good food, fun shopping, and GREAT friends!

Yesterday I met up with a fellow CKMBer, Noel (aka, NoelJoy) and her two adorable girls. We had been planning this get together for a while now, and the day finally came to go have a little fun! We met up at Red Robin for some yummy lunch before hitting the stamp and scrap stores. Although I had already met Noel at CKC Seattle, I hadn't met her girls. They were an absolute delight to talk with. They made me the cutest pictures, which now hang proudly on my refrigerator door. Thanks, girls!



Noel also made me a beautiful Christmas ornament. I fear it's a bit large for my tiny tree, so it's going on the wall of cards!


After lunch, we headed over to a stamp store called Impress. WOW is all I have to say. I've been in my fair share of stamp stores, but this one blew my mind. It was really large and had such a variety of products to choose from. It was eye candy at it's best! We browsed around, ooing and awwing over all the stamps and cards they had. The girls and I even had some fun in the store!

After shopping around and spending far too much money, we headed over to the PaperZone which is conviniently located right next door. We picked up a few last minute odds and ends before heading outside to snap some pictures!


If you can believe it, Emma, Noel's youngest, took this photo of us. Way to go, Emma! A little photographer in the making :)

Ready to see all the fun stuff I go?! I decided that this trip is Travis' Christmas present to me :) First of all, Noel was able to grab some of the infamous GRUNGEBOARD for me!! Woo-hoo!! I haven't had much time to play with it, but I did take a sheet out of the package, and I like the way it felt. I'm definitely inspired!

At Impress, I grabbed myself some yummy wood-mounted stamps, a bottle of Stickles, a BG 6x6 Mellow paper pad, the COOLEST paper punch ever, some buttons, and some notecards. I'm sure I'm missing something here, but you can take a look for yourself!





I can't wait until I have a little free time to spend creating some fun stuff! I'm still working on a few last minute Christmas projects and filling a small jewelry order, so I'll be busy until the end of the week.

Have an awesome Thursday, everyone!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw the post about this on the MB. Looks like you all had a great time. I hope that I get the chance to meet some MBers IRL someday.

Martha said...

How much $ did you spend?? I want to try the grungeboard too...did you get your BIA yet? The "Birds & Nests" look beautiful. I can't wait to see what you're going to be making...

Looks like you had so much fun, her girls are so cute...I love the photos!

michelle sturgeon said...

WOW! Looks like a fun time, great photos and looks like lots of fun new stuff!

Kim Watson said...

It certainly looks as if you all had a super day together. I love the photo's.....you are right, there is a little photographer in the making. Don't they look adorable in their coats?

Wow! your purchases look exciting, I have never heard of Impress before...I am SO off to look at their web site. Thanks for the link.

I hope you get gap to finish your last minute Christmas goodies.
Have a Happy Thursday too!
x

Corina said...

You made off with some awesome stuff!! I love the polar bear and penguin stamps!!

Julie, aka Scrapperdays said...

I'm jealous! Great shopping and great company!

I caved and opened my rail system early. Allen and I installed them last night, and he's already told me to order more! I hope to get some photos of it on my blog today.

If I don't "talk" to you before Tuesday, have a great Christmas!

AFScrapperMom said...

How fun, love days like that getting together with scrapper freinds, and Noel's DD's are beauties!

Amy Hummel said...

You lucky lucky gal you...'

That store looked like so much fun.

Erica Hettwer said...

So jealous!!! Noel told me about it and invited me to drive up but, I had a silly doctor's appointment!

And, I totally would have driven up. I miss you!!! :D

joscelyne cutchens said...

fun fun fun! I loved that impress store when I was in seattle too. Isn't it divine!?! I have that same cat stamp! cuuute!

sssalad said...

I'm jealous! I want to go to Impress too! It looks like you girls had a great time-loved seeing all the fun stuff you bought. Merry Christmas to you! LOL

noel joy said...

yeah!!! i had so much fun sam... we're so going to have to do this again soon! :)
the girls were so excited to see their pics online, too!!!

Anonymous said...

That was great. I love the pictures. Thank you for putting them online. I had fun with you. I think you are very nice. You are a very good scrapbooker. Thank you for the necklace. It is very beautiful. I got a KICK out of it. :)
sincerely,
Torrey

Kelli said...

Looks like you two had so much fun! Next time I'm on your side of the mountains I'll let you know, we're over that once about once a year visiting my family in Maple Valley and Kent. We were supposed to visit at the end of December, but I *hate* Snoqualmie in the winter, as I'm sure most people in Washington do.