Monday, September 12, 2011

Ribbon Galore!

Greetings bloggers! My apologies for skipping my Friday Favorites post. I have been battling a headache that doesn't seem to want to go away. Our weather has been strange lately, so I thought maybe the change in air pressure was to blame, but then my teeth started hurting so my next thought was that my braces were the culprit. Either way, I'm hoping this darn thing goes away soon because it's really hard to focus on getting things done.

Despite the nagging pain in my head, I found the gumption to tackle my ribbon drawer. A couple of years ago, I decided to spool all of my ribbon onto wooden clothes pins. It was quite the endeavor! I even got my mom and Travis to help, and thank goodness I did because at the time I didn't realize just how much ribbon I actually had. You can see some of that organizational project here.

As you can imagine, I've collected *a few* more spools of ribbon since then. Instead of winding them around the wooden clothes pins when I got them like a good girl, I threw the new ribbon in my drawer and said, "Ah, I'll get to it later." Well, later came this past weekend. I had had it with the mess I created and was ready to clean it up. The first thing I did was wind the ribbon around the wooden clothes pins. After that, I sorted the clothes pins into piles based on color.

Yeah...I have a lot of ribbon. I would so love to display the ribbon in glass jars, but alas, all of the counter space in my room is currently occupied. So what's a girl to do? Stick them in a big 'ol drawer!

You'll notice a few things about my ribbon drawer right off the bat. First, you can see I have a few packs of ribbon that are not wrapped around the clothes pins. The reason being is that the large one you see is 60+ yards of ribbon, and there's no way that baby is fitting on a wooden clothes pin, so that one stays put. The other ribbon is specialty holiday ribbon that won't stay on a clothes pin, so they stay as-is, too. The second thing you'll notice is that some of my spools are in Ziplock baggies.

I decided to separate the spools by color so that when I need a specific color, I can just grab the bag I need and hold it against my project. It's easy for me, and that's what you should think about when doing your own organizing because what may be convenient for me may not be for you.

I hope you enjoyed this quick ribbon organizing session! Have a good rest of your day!

No comments: