Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Change is good

Wow - it's hard to believe it's been nine months since my last blog post. I apologize to my faithful readers, but I'm back now to share my crafty life with everyone!

So much has changed for the better that it's hard to figure out where to begin. Travis and I have had many adventures together since my last post, and I will be catching up on those in the days and weeks to follow. I think our biggest news is that we moved into a lovely home and have been making it our own for the past six weeks. We've been busy painting and doing random home repairs, but it's all been so worth it. I finally have the craft room of my dreams, and I couldn't be happier! It's still a work in progress, so for now I'll just give you a few sneak-peaks. I'll be doing a video of my room in the months to come as I get it more and more organized. This first picture is a quick sampling of some of my favorite things.


Over the summer, my good friend gave me a big box full of vintage buttons that belonged to her grandmother and mother. Keep in mind that she herself is 80 years old, so these buttons are truly antique. I actually have the really old metal buttons stored away in a mason jar, but I'll get to that later. The buttons you see here are housed in a divided unit I picked up at a shabby-chic outdoor fair. It's the perfect organizational button solution!


I'm hoping to get in my craft room soon and do something other than organize and put things away. I certainly have quite the spread of beads and findings to make a fun chic piece! Lucky for me, there's a bead store no more than five minutes away :)


Before I sign off, I'd like to take a quick moment to share some of the updates I've made to the blog. First of all, I have restructured my blog lists by breaking them down into three categories: Jewelry Blogs I Love; Scrappy Blogs that Inspire Me; and, Shabby Chic/Vintage Blogs. I have single-handedly checked every link on my site, and they all lead to the appropriate place. If you happen to click on a link that doesn't work or is for some reason woefully out of date, please let me know. I want to keep my blog as up-to-date as possible. You'll also notice that I've expanded my blog to include more of my jewelry making and my new found love for all things vintage. I have new links to some seriously cool sites that offer handmade beads, jewelry kits and unique jewelry pieces. If you have the time and are so inclined, I urge you to check them all out!

I'll be back soon to share more exciting new stuff. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: