Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend Wedding

Wow - this weekend just flew by for me. I can't believe it's already the start of another week! I guess that's what happens when you're busy and have lots of things to do, but it was all fun stuff. Friday afternoon I attended a scrapbook yard sale at my friend's house. I actually wasn't there to shop (although I did pick a few items - *grin*). I was there to sell some of my wares from my new creative endeavor I keep talking about. All the proceeds are going to help Isabel get her surgery, and I'm happy to report I did really well! I have a few supplies I need to order to start making more, but I promise to share this fun new outlet with all of you really soon!

Saturday was certainly the busiest day of all since my dear friend was getting married. After a 1.25 hour delay (the DJ was having technical difficulties with his equipment and couldn't get the wedding march to play), my friend said "I do" to the man of her dreams. It was a beautifully picturesque ceremony by the lake.
Here's a shot of the gazebo. I was able to get a great aisle seat that was positioned right in front of where the ceremony took place. I think it was the best seat in the house even though I was in the back!

Here's the happy couple saying their vows. The officiant was really quite funny, but I wasn't fond of the fact that he did not stand right in the middle of the the couple. I have no idea why he stood off to the left that way. Oh well!

My friend also became a step-mom that day! This picture shows the joining of the entire family.

And finally, here's the happy couple, all smiles.

The reception took place in a large tent, and although you can see if was a beautiful day, it was rather chilly in there. I guess that's a good thing seeing as how this elegant cake was sitting in there for hours.

A very special part of the evening was not only celebrating the happy couple, but also remembering both of their moms who passed away from breast cancer. These pink bracelets tied with a note greeted us at our seats.

Congratulations, you two!

Sunday was just as hectic as the rest of the weekend. We ran errands that we normally would have done on Friday, but we still found time to do a little barbecuing! I tell you what, this man knows how to barbecue up some fine salmon and chicken!

That's it for now! My afternoon is once again filled with errands to run and a meeting this evening. I was hoping to some how squeeze my run in before my meeting, but I doubt that will happen with all the places I need to go before I leave tonight. Bummer. I'm not feeling too guilty, though, seeing as how I've been faithful to my exercise routine for weeks now. I'll pick it back up tomorrow. Have a fabulous day!

2 comments:

Martha said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What a great seat indeed! Everything looked gorgeous. And I know that that secret crafty endeavor is. :) Can't wait to see the new thing when you reveal it on the old blogo. :)

TTYL!!! I have work to do now. *sigh*