Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Birds and Butterflies

Greetings, bloggers! Today I have some whimsical cards to share with you that feature birds and butterflies. Shocking, I know! What can I say? LOL. Both cards were inspired by THIS post by Dawn Easton. She's a wonderful card maker, and I find myself turning to her blog often for design ideas.

For this first card, I pulled out my new Inkadinkado stamp set, Gem Stone Birds. I used my favorite fluid chalk ink by Colorbox to ink up the image in several different colors. I raided my patterned paper scrap stash and found these great coordinating pink papers to use for the background. The solid color cardstock is SU's kraft, regal rose, and pink pirouette. The sentiment is from Hero Arts.

I even added some gemstones for the berries and a pearl for the eye.

This next card uses the same overall card design but with different paper and stamps. I think it's so cool how you can take one sketch and make it look so different! My mom actually made this card. She used SU's hostess level 1 stamp set, God's Beauty, and paired it with a stamp from the Inkadinkado Gem Stone Birds set. The sentiment is also by Hero Arts. I think she did a great job!

I ended up adding some gemstones for her as well. I think they make the card pop.

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

Well Sam, you know you've touched my heart with these cards. I can't believe how beautiful they look in these photos. Luck soul who receives them from you!

I feel so fortunate I can converse with a very talented designer and lovely person that you are!!

You have a wonderful day also, Sam!

Elizabeth said...

love those cards!! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards - love the gems. They add just the right amount of sparkle. Your mom's card is lovely too - the recipients of the cards will be very special folks and it will definitely make their day, I'm sure.

Aunt "B's" Backyard said...

Hi Sam! I'm stopping by again, too to ask you a special request. If you got a few snaps of the Black-headed Grosbeak, would you please put up a post for us unlucky ones that don't get to see them. Thanks Sam!!