Monday, April 6, 2009

More Organizational Tips + A Card

Happy Monday, bloggers! The sun is shinning. The breeze is coming in through the windows, and all is good over here. I'm tickled because I just finished cleaning the house, and there's nothing like the smell of clean to make a girl happy. Not that the house was a sty or anything, but I love the way it feels after dusting and vacuuming.

Today I have some more organizational tips to share with you. I bet all of you have an assortment of brads that you just don't know how to keep together. Well, I have the perfect solution for you! I have this great Cropper Hopper Embelishment Organizer Case that perfectly holds these Mini Box Embellishment Essentials. What I ended up doing was purchasing a whole bunch of mini boxes and organizing my brads that way. I poked a hole through the top of each one, inserted an example brad, then placed the rest of the brads inside the box. Now when I open up my embellishment box, I can see all of my brads! Plus, the case is small enough to fit in your crop bag and take with you to crops. How fun is that?!

My next tip is for organizing those fun Spellbinders Nestabilities dies. For quite a while, I kept them in their original plastic packaging, but that system became cumbersome as my collection grew and space became limited. So I decided to use some items I already had on hand to organize them. I had a huge roll of magnetic tape which I placed inside empty CD jewel cases. Since the nesties are made of metal, they easily stick to the magnetic strips. I labeled the outside of the cases using my handy-dandy label maker (LOVE that thing!) and I also put a label on the back of the case with the actual product number so that I wouldn't accidently buy the same set of dies twice. I then placed all the cases on my shelf, and presto! Instant organization.

Now onto some crafty projects! First of all, my Sunday was so packed with things to do that I didn't have time to complete my friend's challenge from yesterday. When I have time this week, I'll certainly do that. Sorry, Christy!

I did, however, manage to finish up a card that I started on Saturday. I had so much fun making this card! It's so me.

Supplies: Cheap Talk stamp set; Whisper White, Pacific Point, YoYo Yellow cardstock; Good Morning Sunshine DSP; On Board So Tweet chipboard; Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, YoYo Yellow, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango stampin' pads and/or markers; Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Circle; Googley eye

That's it for me at the moment! I'll catch you all next time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a neat card - I love the way it opens up! I need some card making mojo and this might be enough to get me started. Thanks for the tip on the brad organization - it is so clever and so visible, I love it! Love your Nestie storage too - I need to do something about mine when my collection grows but for now, my one tin seems to suffice. I just need more Nesties!

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

cool tips!
awesome card!

PattiM said...

Great storage ideas, Samantha... But, I don't think I have that many brads... Wow!!! No nesties for me yet.... Sigh!!
Love your card, too cute....I like the birdies...
Hope your having a great week..

Hugs,

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!!!