Monday, March 9, 2009

Yippeeee-Skippy!

Hello bloggers! Gotta love a good Monday morning feeling, right? Did everyone remember to spring forward over the weekend? Yeah, I kind-of flaked out on that one. Needless to say, I slept in a little past my normal wake-up time yesterday, but that's okay. I'm back on track today.

I'm happy to report that I had a fabulous weekend. I spent Friday night at my friend, Ana's, house making cards and chatting away with the gals. Could it get any better than that? Yes! Saturday we went over to a BBQ at my other friend, Jackie's, house. We ate, drank, and were quite merry! Sunday was even more exciting because my hubby finally found some time to install some shelves in my craft room closet as well as hang my $5 scrapbook garage sale find above my new table. I spent the rest of the day moving stuff around and organizing some more. You know, I really ought to organize for a living. I mean, I love to find long-term storage solutions not only for myself, but for others, too. I've helped many friends get their areas squared away. Who knows? Maybe I'll start my own business! LOL!

Without further adieu, here is my new and improved space. First up, a before picture of my shelves:


This system was working okay for me, but I really didn't like having my Stampin' Up sets out in the open. It was too cluttered in my mind. So, here's what it looks like now:

I moved all of my Stampin' Up sets into the newly installed shelves inside the closet. All of the ink pads went with them. The individual wood-mounted stamps got moved to a new, better location which you'll see in just a minute.

Now let's move onto my main creative space. Here's my new table before my honey put up the $5 garage sale find:

And here it is after:

I moved the wood-mounted stamps that used to be on the other shelves above my table so that I could see them while I'm crafting. I also found a new home for my spice-spinner that houses most all of my buttons. You'll see where I put that in a minute.

Here's a quick pic of that $5 find I found at a garage sale:

I love, love, LOVE this shelf unit! I like that I can have my favorite wood mounted stamps out and in the open where I can see them while I create. I still have room for more stuff, but I'm going to leave it like this for now. I don't want it too cluttered. Eventually, I plan to paint it, but for now, it works.

Now here's what table looked like underneath before:

And now here it is after with just one more 12x12 paper storage unit added. I still need to sort through my drawers and organize them a bit better. I'm probably being neurotic, but I'm okay with that ;)

My honey also installed some shelves inside the closet for me. I don't have a before shot, but there really wasn't anything there to see anyway. Now, I have three shelves that hold my Stampin' Up sets and Paper Trey Ink sets as well as my ink pads. My button spice rack is also now located inside the closet. The top fourth shelf already existed and currently holds old Big Red (i.e., my old Sizzix die cut machine), dies, and my PaperGator.

Here's the other side of the closet:

This side houses the rest of my wood mounted stamps as well as my clear stamp collection which is located in the black binders and in the two 12x12 d-ring albums (with the black and pink spines) on the top shelf. The large basket houses my polymer clay tools. As you can see, I also have some of my favorite magazines in here on the top shelf. I got those magazine holders at Target for $1 AND they have birdies all over them! Can't beat that.

To finish it all off, I actually did a little scrapping last night! Woo-hoo! Here's what I'm working on:

It's a 12x12 page for Sedona's album. Obviously, I still have some pictures to add, but at least I got to try out my new table. Yay! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - everything looks fantastic! I love your new space - the storage looks wonderful. I love that $5 shelf - what a great way to show your wooden stamps and other little things. I agree with leaving it uncluttered. It looks great and I want to come out and play in your new space. :)

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

wtg girl it looks awesome!!!

Elizabeth said...

I love love love your scrap space!! It's very organized. I try to keep mine straight but it's doesn't stay that way for long, because I rearrange it all. :)

Staci Layne Wilson said...

How cute...I didn't know Ty made a Scooby Doo! (I'm selling all my Beanies, btw... except the ferret. I just **have** to slim down all my stuff. Paying for three big storage spaces now. Yes, three!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Samantha,
I love your room. So nice and tidy. Ok, and I am totally salivating over those owl stamps of your's. They are awesome.

Take care,
Teri A.

Anne Marie said...

Gotta love those garage sale finds! Your space looks fabulous Sam, I'm so envious. Belated Happy Birthday to you! I'm sorry I've been in such a funk, I'm not paying attention to anything outside my little world. :( Hope you're feeling better by now!~

Angela said...

Wow, you have such an awesome crafting space. I live out of a closet and stamp on my kitchen counter. LOL! Oh well, maybe one of these days...