Monday, January 11, 2010

Oh Fffffffffffffffffudge...

Did you all miss me? LOL! I guess I took a bit of an unintentional blog break, but with the rush of the holidays I suppose it's to be expected. Now that the start of a new year has begun, I'm ready to dive back into blogging. Today I'm going to share with you my adventures in fudge making! I actually did this a week before Christmas, but I thought it was worth sharing.

Now, take another look at the title of my post and name that movie! If you're a fan of the classic tale A Christmas Story, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. If you're as lost as a polar bear in Hawaii (yes, that's a stab at LOST), then check out this short scene from the movie:





I tell ya, that's one of my favorite all-time movie scenes. I could potentially watch this film all year long, but seeing as how I've practically burned a hole through my DVD copy from over-use, I'm switching over to my other favorite movie, Pollyanna.

To get started making fudge, I put on my cutest (and only) Christmas apron:

Then, I combined all the really fattening stuff together in a bowl.


Next, I melted even more fattening stuff on the stove:

Step three is to stir until your arm feels like falling off:

Next, I combined all the ingredients:

Lastly, I stirred as quickly as I possibly could until I felt my bicep getting bigger and bigger:

Whew! What a work-out, but it was all well-worth it in the end.

I have LOTS more projects to share, so I definitely be back with more. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and you didn't send your BFF any?! tsk tsk.... That's ok, I forgive ya. :) Glad you had fun making it and what a cute apron!