Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I'm running behind!

Greetings! Sorry I'm posting so late today. I had work to complete last night and Christmas shopping to do today. I went to the mall with my friend and luckily it wasn't crowded at all. I can honestly say, though, that there's nothing out there this year that's really floating my boat. Even the big name department stores didn't have much in the way of clothes or shoes. I guess I'll settle for some new stamps instead :)

Before I show you my super-fast card, I thought I'd share some exciting Stampin' Up news. Now through December 23, get FREE SHIPPING on orders of $70 or more! How cool is that? Plus, the retired list just came out today, too, and everything on the list is 10% off now through December 23. To see the retired list, click HERE. Remember, you can order on-line, 24/7 just by clicking HERE.

Today's card is one that I made last week for my friend's son's birthday. He turned the big 4. I needed to whip up a card lickety-split since I was running a bit late that day. I pulled out Stampin' Up's "Owl Together Now" stamp set and came up with this 3x3 card:

Totally easy. Totally appropriate for a 4-year old. I used Chocolate Chip paper and ribbon as well as the Earth Elements Watercolor Wonder Crayons and blender pens to add some color.

I'll definitely try to post earlier tomorrow. I want to showcase some of my Christmas cards, but I need to wait until daybreak to get some good photos. I'm not too fond of taking pics at night with my sun lamp. It's just not the same in my opinion.

Later, stampers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it - I'm sure his mom enjoyed the card. :)

Jingle said...

Love this!!! The owl is just so perfect! Great job!

Staci Layne Wilson said...

That is so cute! I was looking at some cards like that at Border's books yesterday, and they are so expensive... like, $6 each! And surely those are mass-produced.

Anne Marie said...

Gosh I love that owl! Very cute card Sam!

Beth said...

Hey, thanks for the SU link...I didn't realize that I could place an order online! Do you know if they ship to APOs?

If I don't get a chance to write to you again soon, happy holidays!