Woo-hoooooo! Here's another card I made the other night. Apparently, I'm not completely out of my orange phase. This card was rather easy to assemble. I tore out a journaling page from the Making Memories "Flowers Ledger" spiral journaling book and plopped it on a Memory Box card. I then used an alpha stamp set that I scored at Tuesday Morning for $2 to stamp out the sentiment. It's a wood-mounted set, so the letters aren't perfectly aligned, but that's okay. We must all learn to embrace imperfection, even me, the perfectionist :) The flower at the bottom is from a K&Company package I got at Target. The real focus on this card is that CUTE owl. I found him and four other of his friends at Michaels a while back. It seems that Sandylion has jumped on the owl bandwagon, and I couldn't be happier. At only $1 a package, I bought two! And I want to go on record as saying I was interested in owls and birds way before they became highly popular in scrapping. I am, after all, a birder :)
I have a question for all of you. If you were an ATC, where would you be? You see, I lost two of the ATCs in my last post. I have no idea where they could have gone! Did they mysteriously jump ship on me? I've looked for them all over, and I'm bummed because I need to send them out! Where oh where could they be?? I'm sure they'll turn up when I least expect them to.
Slighltly off subject here, but if you love salsa, then you'll LOVE this
recipe! I made it last week, and OMGoodness is it dang good. It's not too spicy (trust me, I wouldn't be able to eat it if it was), and it's the perfect side-dish for any out door occasion (i.e., Fourth of July). Just thought I'd pass it along in case you're looking for something to make or take to a Friday night party.
Have a great Thursday, everyone!
3 comments:
Dang cursor clicked on the trashcan - sorry! So here is the post again. :)
-----
The salsa looks yummy, Sam!! I think I'm going to have to make it for my party coming up. The card looks great - I love that little owl's eyes. Imperfection makes things perfect, if that makes any sense. If everything was perfect, the world would be a boring place.
As for the lost ATCs, maybe Mr. Mojo absconded with them? Or Isabella or Attila felt that they needed to share them with their friends? :)
I love the card. I think one of the biggest positives about the clear stamps are the alphabets and your ability to see well to line them up!
Yummy looking salsa! Happy 4th!
Post a Comment