Wednesday, May 28, 2008

You Rock!

I have been a busy bee over here creating all sorts of different cards to send out. I'm really glad I have found my creativity once again!

I lifted today's card from one of my favorite blogs, K. Werner Designs. She produces a blog video (almost) every Monday called "Make a Card Monday" where she sets her creative process to various musical artists. She speeds up her card making process so that you don't get bored watching every little cut and punch she does. They're really fantasic, and I highly recommend hopping over there and watching her archives.

Back to the card at hand. I used my Coluzzle (I {heart} my Coluzzle) to cut out the circles. I then used my small circle punch to punch out a bunch of small circles to use as the scallop border. The yellow/lime letters are from a KI Memories "Ice" pack I grabbed at Big Lots last year for a buck. I glued them down with Zip Dry glue, which is the best glue to use when trying to adhere clear items like these letters because the glue dries completely clear (it's great to use in acrylic albums). I mounted the cirlces on dimensionals, added some ribbon, and viola! A finished card.



I'll be back tomorrow with another fun card. Have a great Wednesday!

13 comments:

Marilyn said...

Sam, I know I have said this before, but your cards are amazing! I always love seeing what you come up with, and have used your cards for inspiration in my own card making. YOU ROCK!!

Anonymous said...

Sam - as Marilyn said, you rock! :) As always, fantastic card and the recipient will love it! I love the color combo you used and those letters are wicked cool.

Kristy said...

Very cool card Sam!! Who makes the Zip Dry Glue you were mentioning. It would be perfect to use when I do my acrylic album.

Christina Carnoy said...

That card is super cute!

Stacy said...

As always another great card!

Linda said...

love this card...very cute.

Latrice said...

cute card. This is perfect for a tennager!! Talk to you soon.

Martha said...

Awesome work, Sam! I love the colours and the large scalloped circle!

Corina said...

oh, i love her videos!! Loving the KI letters - very cool!

Brock Family said...

Too cute! I love it and the owl card also! You are so creative!

Elizabeth said...

your card rocks! :) I can't wait to see what you create next. :)

elizabeth rosemond said...

LOVE the card! I'm also a huge fan of Kristina's. some of my favorite cards have been lifted from her :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Sam, this is CUTE! I can definitely see Kristina's influence here, but you made it your own! It's fabulous!